Friday, June 17, 2016

30 Second Story: Monsters and Prayer

What's a 30 Second Story?  One that takes you 30 seconds or less to read.  Some will make you smile, some will make you think but I hope you'll enjoy them all.
*********
12:45am: Ben (age 8) appears beside my bed.

Ben: Mommy, I think there are monsters in our house. I'm scared. 

Me: Did you have a dream about monsters?

Ben: No, I can't fall asleep. I keep hearing things and thinking it's a monster. 

Me: There aren't any monsters, Ben. 

Ben: I know but I'm still kind of scared. Will you pray with me?

So, we prayed and then he gave me a hug and went to bed. I love that his first thought at being scared and worried was to find someone to pray with him.

I could learn a lot from my kids.
________________________________________________________________________________
Guess what?  A Stone's Throw from Perfection now has its very own Facebook page.  It needs friends.  Can you help?  Click here to join: A Stone's Throw From Perfection Facebook page

Did you enjoy this read?  Want a good place to start?  Click hereTelling the Truth


No comments:

Post a Comment